Foster care services are provided to foster families and foster children served by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Nebraska Families Collaborative.
Our foster care program is designed to provide children a positive family environment where they can:
- Learn life skills and values
- Maintain family connections
- Achieve permanency
Services provided to the foster family include:
- Ongoing training and support groups
- Home visits by your Foster Care Specialist to provide support and guidance, share information and promote progress
- 24-7 on-call availability if you have an emergency, need advice or just want to talk
- Social activities for children and families to interact and share peer support
- Funding and coordination of respite care to give you a temporary break from caregiving
- Families with a desire to provide foster care services, meet licensing guidelines and complete training are eligible to participate. Foster parents receive a monthly expense reimbursement from Children’s Square. Medical coverage is provided for foster children through Nebraska Medicaid.
Children’s Square welcomes all kinds of families and individuals who meet the licensing requirements and have the heart and skills to care for children in crisis.
The next Foster Parent training course begins June 2016. Call and register, now.
Nebraska In-Home Services
Children’s Square U.S.A. provides In-home services to families served by the Nebraska Families Collaborative and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
The In-home services Children’s Square U.S.A. provides are Parenting Time (supervised visits) and Family Support. Parenting Time is designed to provide supervised contact between parents and their children to ensure children’s safety and well-being, along with providing parents with support and guidance to enhance and develop their parenting skills. Family Support is provided to families in need of skill development and support in areas such as employment, parenting skills, budgeting, housing, and locating community resources. Children’s Square U.S.A. thrives to advocate for the best interest of families and help them achieve their expected case outcomes and court orders.