Nebraska Foster Care Services
Foster care services are provided to foster families and foster children served by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Nebraska Families Collaborative.
Our foster care program is designed to provide children a positive family environment where they can:
- Learn life skills and values
- Maintain family connections
- Achieve permanency
Services provided to the foster family include:
- Ongoing training and support groups
- Home visits by your Foster Care Specialist to provide support and guidance, share information and promote progress
- 24-7 on-call availability if you have an emergency, need advice or just want to talk
- Social activities for children and families to interact and share peer support
- Funding and coordination of respite care to give you a temporary break from caregiving
- Families with a desire to provide foster care services, meet licensing guidelines and complete training are eligible to participate. Foster parents receive a monthly expense reimbursement from Children’s Square. Medical coverage is provided for foster children through Nebraska Medicaid.
DO YOU HAVE A HEART FOR CHILDREN? WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A FOSTER PARENT?
Children’s Square welcomes all kinds of families and individuals who meet the licensing requirements and have the heart and skills to care for children in crisis. Families who wish to be considered as foster parents can contact the Omaha office at 402-556-6765 for additional information or fill out the form below and we will contact you.
For more information about becoming a Foster Parent...