Child Care and Pre-School
Licensed and Accredited
Caring for Children for Over 50 Years!
Hours of Operation
6:30 am – 6:00 pm
We Have Openings
Serving children 6 weeks to 9 years
History: Children’s Center on the campus of Children’s Square has been serving the community for over 50 years! We are the first licensed and accredited day care in Council Bluffs.
Your Child’s Safety: Children’s Center is a secured facility with coded entry. Classrooms and hallways are monitored with cameras to ensure the safety and welfare of all students enrolled. Student arrivals and departures are monitored through our Pro-care system which tracks hours and who picks up the student.
Play Time: Outdoor play spaces are fenced and close to the building. Younger students have access to a soft track play area and older students have a natural environment featuring grass, sand, and a paved track for bikes. Indoor play is in our gym.
Children 6 weeks to 1 year have individual goals set each week that focus on large motor skills, small motor skills and vocalization including baby sign language to aid in communication. These goals are then evaluated and tracked in their portfolios.
Children 2-3 years old focus on large and small motor skill development. The classroom environment is more structured with an emphasis on group activities that allow for stronger social skills and social emotional development. Language skills are strengthened through increased vocabulary and beginning letter identification.
Children post-kindergarten to age 9 can take advantage of the summer program, which is themed and has a variety of activities in coordination with each year’s theme. This program is enriched through field trips in the community.
Three-year Old Pre-school
- Dedicated to growth in all areas of development (physical, cognitive, social emotional, and linguistic)
- Specific focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Activities include our recycling program, composting program, and school garden
- Our program strives to prepare students for kindergarten by working in a more structured environment
Four-year Old Pre-school
- High Scope curriculum that is hands-on and focuses on children using their senses to learn
- Lessons are geared toward Kindergarten readiness
- Assessment strategies track a child’s development through the years
- Lessons are reinforced in the afternoon for a full day of learning
- A child must be four years old before September 15th to be eligible for this program
- Parent-teacher conferences are held in the fall and in the spring
- Activities focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Includes child care when public schools are closed
Why Choose Children’s Center?
- Fully Licensed and Accredited
- Caring for Children for over 50 years
- Family Involvement
- Monthly Family Activities
Child & Adult Care Food Program
Serving children healthy food every day!
5210 Member 2020
- Healthy State Initiative Finalist
- Ongoing, observation based assessments for all four key areas of development
- Aligns with Gold assessment tool used by Council Bluffs Community Schools
For more information or to start enrollment: